In the SPIRIT… WITH JOY!
It’s that wonderful time of year…CHRISTMAS! Are you “in the spirit” yet?
Have you noticed that most people in stores and on TV want to only use the word “Holiday?” Yes, it is a holiday, but we must also remember it is CHRISTMAS, with all the meaning of Christmas…a Savior is born…Joy to the World …and much more. It looks like our world could use some real JOY!
WHAT IS JOY?
Smash and grab in our stores is not Joy!
People are worried if they leave their country, the doors may be shut for their return. This is not Joy.
We could list many more things in our world that do not reflect the JOY OF CHRISTMAS.
Perhaps we should think about REAL JOY in the few weeks that we have before Christmas:
- The smell of Christmas cookies baking in the oven.
- The twinkling lights on the trees and around our lawns.
- Putting out the old decorations that we have put up each year.
- Thinking of others, who have little, and giving to our food banks in the community.
- Wrapping the gifts for friends and loved ones.
- Sharing something special for our neighbors.
- Seeing the sparkle in the eyes of children.
- Hearing beautiful voices of choirs as they sing of the birth of a Savior.
- JOY…REAL JOY TO THE WORLD….CHRISTMAS
THESE ARE REAL JOYS! Think on these things and be IN THE SPIRIT FOR A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS.
JOY TO THE WORLD…..Turn up your sound.