Today we honor our veterans of all wars and peace time. This is why we set aside this special day every year:
- They served our country, the United States of America, with honor and dedication.
- They left their families to defend our homeland and Constitution.
- Yes, they were afraid, but they were willing to die.
- They put their country first…to preserve it and democracy.
- Freedom, Prosperity and Security of our country was a goal against those who would destroy it.
- Whether they were in the army, marines, navy, coast guard, they all served together.
In my book, Men and Women of the Blue Ridge, my husband and I were honored to interview men and women whose stories had never been written down.
One of those stories was about M.C.Harold, who had frozen legs during the Korean War. The medical team told him that they would have to remove his legs. The doctor told M.C.,” I want you to stand one more time.” When M.C. did so, a great pain rushed through his legs, which meant the blood had flowed back…and his legs were saved. With tears in his eyes, M.C. said, “That was my miracle from God.” He came home to his beloved America… and to this day, his family’s business grows beautiful apples in the Blue Ridge mountains.
Thank you, M.C. for your dedication.
Recently, a special nurse, who won the bronze star, had her story told in her book…Memoirs of Sharon Plichta. She and her medical team worked under fire in Vietnam.
Thank you, Sharon, for your dedicated medical service to your country!
Boyer Writes honors ALL VETERANS today for their service!
Video…turn up your sound and click off any commercial that may pop up…. and remember to fly your flags