The Apostle Paul wrote a letter to the people of the Christian church in Colossae. He reminded them of the importance in their lives of knowing Christ as the Messiah and Savior. We, as Christians can seek God’s wisdom and know He will hear.
Here are some of the things he told them. (Colossians chapter1)
- There is a hope laid up for you in heaven.
- You are to ask to be filled with the knowledge of God.
- Your life should be pleasing to God.
- Pray prayers that you will be filled with spiritual wisdom.
- Your strength will come from His glorious power.
- You are to endure everything with with patience while being joyful and giving Him thanks.
- Most of all, to remember that it was through the shedding of His blood on the cross that He reconciled you to God and He will give you peace.
- As Christians, we have an obligations to let others know about this glorious mystery, Christ in you…the Hope of Glory!
Paul goes on to admonish all believers that they are commissioned by Christ to make His word known to people around you… because it was hidden for so long, but now is revealed. The world, in all its difficulties and sorrows, needs to know the message and wisdom of Christ.
Read the book of Colossians and ask God to help you share the meaning with your family, friends and even strangers, who may reach out to you. This may not be easy for you to do, but be open to the fact that God will bring you the right person, at the right time and then give you the encouragement to speak for Him. Keep it simple and know that you are speaking for God…and sharing His Wisdom.
May you be blessed as you listen to this prayer for God’s wisdom: (Ephesians)
Turn up sound