……As I watched BLACK FRIDAY crowds on TV…not to mention the ones on Thanksgiving Day, my feelings were of amazement. I had questions:
- Did people get a rush out of being in huge crowds?
- Do people really save so much on these occasions that they wait all year for this big event?
- What does this say to the world…especially the parts of the world living in war…or hunger..about the people of the United States of America?
- Is it greed or have things become our God…or our other Master?
- How many of these people are on assistance from the government? (Your tax dollars and mine) Is a gigantic, flat-screen TV a necessity?
- Why would anyone pregnant go to such a riot? (And there were some that went to the hospital)
My questions were even magnified when I heard that in Tallahassee, Florida someone had actually followed a person who bought the last available item to the parking lot and shot the person. Stores had to beef up their security because of theft and the potential violence. At a Walmart store, the security guards wrestled a shoplifting suspect to the ground…with the person dying later. (This is under investigation. ) All of this is truly insane!
Maybe on-line shopping is not such a bad idea. Perhaps stores could close their doors for one day and ask customers to go on-line for the great deals. That way, we can sit in the quiet of our homes and ask the all-time great question….”Do I really need this?” It might help the panic buyers to be a little more careful. It would also give the over-worked employees, who missed their Thanksgiving dinner with family, a deserved break.
If you were ever tempted to go to the Malls on Black Friday in America….you may want to think again.
People of the United States, take a look at yourself. This, you won’t believe!!