Thanksgiving is almost upon us. The kitchen workers will be busy making our favorite meals for friends and a family gathering. Before any of this can happen, we have a trip to the grocery store to make. Some of the facts on this blog may make one decide to grow a garden really quick….but it is too late. If we plan to eat out at a restaurant…then we have even less control. Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping. READ THE LABELS.
Yes, it takes time to read labels, but you may be surprised at how much of your food is not really produced in the U.S.A or if it is how much of it has made a trip to China and back again.
This is not a pretty or sanitary blog. It is one of warning. It is the reality of the deception that is often brought upon the unknowing public.
Where is your food coming from and how safe is it?
Sanitary conditions are totally out of the picture and rarely checked in much of China. What comes to us here in the U.S.A from the slaughter houses or processing plants in other countries, is often a mystery. (Just a side note: Probably the sickest I have ever been was when I ate in a hotel restaurant in Beijing. Now, I have an idea why.)
Here is an article sent to me that I think is worth reading for it may be very important to your health.
Check your food labels and consider these facts:
- Smithfield Farms, the largest pork
producing farm in the USA was sold in September to China with the
unanimous support of its stockholders!! This is the process:
- The hogs will still be raised in the U.S.A
- Slaughtered and packaged in China and sent back.
This includes labels: of Morrell, Eckrich, Krakus, Cudahy,
Premium Hams, Cook’s, Gwaltney.
- The same with many chickens. They are shipped to China for processing.
When they come back all that needs to be labeled is that they WERE RAISED IN THE USA.
- The chickens will be all processed and most sold to fast food restaurants for sandwiches,
along with schools and supermarkets.
- The China slaughter and processing standards are no where equal to the U.S.A
What to do: buy only U.S.A and Canadian clearly labeled.Starkist Tuna…now owned by Korea…in conflict with U.S.A for not producing records on quality.What to do: Avoid fish that comes from China.
- Albertson’s had a 4 day special of 4 bags of frozen tilapia for price of one. Label read “farm raised”…on back in small print “China”Fish farms in China often are fed raw sewage according to Food Inspectors. Food color is added and flavorings before shipping to the U.S.A and Canada.Green Giant frozen vegetables are from China.
- What to do? Buy Arctic Gardens or Birdseye Garlic: buy only garlic clearly marked from U.S.A or Canada. China is the largest producer of garlic in the world next to the U.S. Their garlic is grown in people or chicken poop.
- Honey Buy only local honey which is also good for allergies. Honey is shipped in huge containers from China and repacked in the U.S.A
- “Our Family” brand of Mandarin Oranges …from China Buy Liberty brand.Go to the local farmers’ markets in season and keep a wary eye open the rest of the year.Cosco sells canned peaches and pears in plastic jar from China.What to do? Buy GOLD BRAND OR THE DOLE IS FROM CALIFORNIA.“Pacific Salmon” from High Liner and other frozen fish products….from China and Indonesia with no real regulations on what is fed to fish. Many Chinese feed fish contain growth hormones and expired antibiotics from humans. Besides China, beware of products from Vietnam and Philippines. Steinfeld’s Pickles ….from India
- No-Name brand canned mushrooms …from Indonesia
- PRC also includes Hong Kong
- Buy American..or Canadian when possible…It’s your health.
- If the above was not enough….this will break your heart….dogs in China rescued from the slaughter-house. (See article..DOGS RESCUED.)