There are some things in this world of disturbances that never change. They are the seasons. We are never certain exactly when the hot summer will turn to a hint of Fall in the air…or when those beautiful leaves will feel a touch of snow. Fall in all the spender has passed and Winter is coming.
When things appear to be dead, the earth begins to awaken to a small, green leaf that pushes out from the earth or from a tree branch. It is Spring and Summer cannot be far behind. It’s God’s way of telling us that He is in control. Lay down your phones, turn off the news with all the things that disturb our senses…and look for different senses. What are these, you may ask?
Let’s think of them together, as we are slowing moving into Fall:
- Hold a freshly picked apple to your nose and smell the fresh aroma…that may turn into a mouth-watering apple pie.
- How about watching a little squirrel gathering nuts for the long winter to come.
- Watch the leaves fall slowly into a rippling stream.
- Move your eyes upward to the sky and watch the white, puffy clouds drifting overhead.
- At night, walk out under the stars and look at God’s creation far beyond what we know.
- The hay bales are rolled up on the fields and a small calf watches every step the mother makes.
Yes, it is God’s world. Enjoy it! The people of the world are going to move right along…doing what they do…and you don’t have to let them drag you along with them. Be thankful…and look for all God has to show us.
The seasons will come and seasons will go, but the Holy Scriptures reminds us to be thankful…be at peace…and give all the other thoughts to Him.
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.” Genesis 8:22
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. Psalm 1:1-3
VIDEO OF PEACE AND RELAXATION Turn up your sound