Life is complicated. Often people find themselves in situations where they begin to believe that there is no way out or no way for things to be different. This may be a personal habit or addiction that has brought life to screeching halt. It could be a time when one finds himself (or herself) in a situation that they had no control over. This can often lead to depression or a feeling that God does not hear or that He does not care.
We are reminded in the Holy Scriptures that He does care and will make a way out for us if we seek Him in our concerns.
1st Corinthians 10:13
“The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” (New Living Translation)
I saw a video of a Pimpalgaon Siddhanath village in the Junnar division of Maharashtra, India. A leopard had fallen into a 60 foot well with no way to escape. As I watched the video, I was struck with how similar this is to the desperation of many people in their own lives.
- The leopard hung on to a few sticks bundled together.
- He struggled; fell off the sticks and struggled some more
- Even when the men of the village tried to help by lowering a box for him to get into, he fought back with a loud snarl and practically made things worse when his claw caught on the box.
How does this seem similar to human situations? When in a desperate situation, one may refuse all help…or not even recognize that it is help being offered by those who care. One may struggle to work things out alone, knowing that there is the possibility of staying in the same quagmire. (An awkward, complex, or hazardous situation)
- Finally, the leopard sees things differently. He stops slapping at the box lowered to him and makes a decision to take the only way out.
- The box, being lowered by those who cared, had become his answer to a chance at living instead of drowning.
Read this scripture…and know that God has a purpose that you should live and give you hope and rest in your life. He will make a way for you if you ask Him to do so. Reach out to those around you who have your best interest at heart.
” For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” New International Version