Since you may be thinking of a book for your favorite person or a friend who may be interested in historical fiction or culture in the Blue Ridge Mountains, I am going to give you some shopping ideas from the books that I have written this year. They are all available on Amazon and if you act now, they will be to you before Christmas.
Click on book title for description and price
- THE SEEDS by N.W. Boyer (historical fiction)
- BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY BEAUTIES by N.W. Boyer
- OLD TIMERS of the BLUE RIDGE and MORE by N. W. Boyer
Children’s Books are also available. Great books for Grandparents to give or for parents to read with their children with questions for discussion at the end.
All children’s books by Nancy W. Boyer (for elementary students or early teens)
- CROOKED CREEK FIR TREE ( a Christmas story)
- WILLY THE WORM
- LINDA LONG LEGS
- ANNA and THE ATTIC
- RUNNING AWAY RITA
- BETTY BIG EARS
- TERRI TENNIS SHOES
- SARA STICKY FINGERS
- WAYS TO BE HAPPY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE (for very young children)
Being an educator, I have had the privilege to understand the parts of life that gives students the most difficulty.I know parents and grandparents are concerned that the young people they love develop the best attributes in decision-making and in moral character.
This is why I have written and illustrated another of my Nanny Book Series. I am happy to announce a new book…the 5th book to add to the others listed below. It is my hope that you will pass this blog on to the family members and friends who may find them beneficial and would like to order for gifts to young people.
TERRI TENNIS SHOES
This is to help young people (ages 7-14) to think seriously about their decision-making and moral values. The end of the book has questions that parents or educators can read and discuss with their young people. (Available as a hard copy and on Kindle)
Other books in the series are:
- LINDA LONG LEGS which helps in identifying one’s best talent even though it may take some heart-ache and disappointment. Self-esteem building is an important part of this book.
- BETTY BIG EARS Another self-esteem book for the child who must learn to be happy with her/himself. The book shows how friends can help with problems in school and at home.
BOBBY BIG BRAIN It can be a problem when other students think that if you are extremely smart that you are different. See how Bobby turns his problem into a time to show leadership. This is a spin-off from Betty Big Ears.
- MORGAN MONSTER (best for children 4-9) All children have some fears…fear of the dark…fear of being alone etc. This book helps younger children with coping with a problem that many have to face as they grow up.
- All books are available in paperback or on Kindle at this link:
I am happy to share with my readers a new book for young people.
Terri Tennis Shoes is the fifth in my Nanny Book Series. The purpose of this series is to help young people and their parents and teachers deal with problem areas of character development, self-esteem, and good decision-making. This is appropriate for those in grades 3-7. Questions for discussion are listed at the end of the story.
Terri Tennis Shoes and four others are available on Amazon (paperback or kindle)
Other books in the series: Linda Long Legs, Bobby Big Brain, Betty Big Ears, Morgan Monster
Thank you for looking. Any comments and reviews will be appreciated.